Neither DFAT nor its missions offshore can advise on other nations’ particular needs for Australians to overseas get married.
The nearest Indonesian Embassy/Consulate-General or the Indonesian Civil Registry Office (Catatan Sipil) in the area where the marriage will take place for details of the current marriage requirements for Indonesia please contact.
As being a general guide just, the next information might be of help.
The events into the wedding will have to make their very own plans utilizing the neighborhood spiritual minister and/or the civil registry celebrants and so are encouraged to get verification of this precise demands within their specific circumstances. In addition, partners will be encouraged to go over making use of their attorney in Australia and/or Indonesia about virtually any steps which have to be taken, specially, but not just if, they want to live in a nation apart from Australia, or if they would like to separately hold property.
Engaged and getting married under Indonesian Law
Generally speaking, Indonesian nationals, and people of any other nationality may marry in Indonesia offered they hold a faith recognised by the Indonesian Government (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or Christian). Underneath the Indonesian Marriage Law, marriages can be done by Ministers of Religion, officers associated with Civil Registry workplace (Kantor Catatan Sipil) or the working Office of Religious Affairs (Kantor Urusan Agama). For a married relationship become appropriate, it should be carried out in line with the religion and comply with the statutory regulations for the nations of this events included.
To ensure that A australian resident to marry in Indonesia, it is crucial in order to make a credit card applicatoin for a certification of No Impediment to Marriage during the Australian Embassy in Jakarta or the Australian Consulate-Generals in Denpasar, Surabaya and Makassar. Applications can be found through the Consular counters at these workplaces or from the Smartraveller website at https.aspx that is://smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents/pages/overseas
To have a certification you’ll want to:
- Make a scheduled appointment at minimum ONE day time prior to utilize in individual in the Embassy or Consulate-General during office hours
- Sign an application right in front of the Consular Officer
- Show the initial passports of both ongoing events as evidence of identification
- Offer initial proof dissolution of past marriage/marriages or previous partner’s death certification (if relevant)
The certification must certanly be requested in individual plus in many cases it may be granted when you wait. Posted applications will never be accepted.
The charge is AUD143 and it is payable in Indonesian Rupiah. The Rupiah amount is dependent upon the change price in the right time the application form for a certification of No Impediment is lodged. The change price is evaluated in the very first time associated with the month.
Certification of No Impediment:
(Payable in IDR via Visa/ MasterCard, IDR amount is transformed monthly)
The area Civil Registry Office or KUA ordinarily require the CNI become released by the Australian diplomatic objective inside the jurisdiction that is appropriate. Below is helpful information from the jurisdiction allocations, nevertheless please seek advice from the Civil Registry workplace or KUA to ensure the objective you ought to go to.
|Australian Embassy Jakarta||: Jakarta, Western Java, Sumatera, Riau, Kalimantan|
|Australian Consulate-General Makassar||: Sulawesi, Maluku, Papua, NTT|
|Australian Consulate-General Surabaya||: East Java, Central Java, Yogyakarta|
|Australian Consulate-General Bali||: Bali, NTB|
Partners must certanly be regarding the exact same faith
Under Indonesian Law No.1 of 1974 marriage that is concerningthe ‘Marriage Law’), both events must support the exact exact same faith, if you don’t, one celebration must transform to another faith. Anecdotal proof shows that the process of transforming to Islam just isn’t an extended one. To begin the procedure, talk to the Imam at the mosque that is local.
Moslem weddings are done because of the Office of Religious Affairs (Kantor Urusan Agama) and they’re going to issue the Marriage Books (Buku Nikah) as proof the wedding. There is certainly often no dependence on visitors to register such a married relationship with all the Civil Registry Office (Kantor Catatan Sipil). Nevertheless, it is suggested which you request a married relationship Certificate through the Civil Registry workplace, in the event that you want to relocate to a different nation.
For non-Moslem marriages (Christian, Hindu, etc), partners need certainly to lodge a Notice of Intention to Marry using the Civil Registry workplace at the least 10 times before the wedding. The marriage must be registered at the Civil Registry Office to be legal after the ceremony. The originals will be needed by both applicants and a photocopies associated with documentation given below. Nevertheless as demands may differ from province to province it might be wise to check on with Civil Registry workplace within the area you are going to marry in very very first.
- The no that is certificateof through the Embassy or Consulate-General
- Passports or KTP
- Delivery certificates
- Wedding certification
- Proof dissolution of past wedding or death certificate of previous partner (if relevant)
- Four pictures (4x6cm) of this few.
It may be hard for Australian along with other international nationals without Indonesian language abilities to liaise with all the Civil Registry workplace and spiritual celebrants. We suggest if you are unsure that you engage the services of a Wedding Organiser.
Recognition of Overseas Marriages in Australia
- May I marry at the no that is embassy/Consulate-General
- The length of time does it try CNI?Usually issue a whilst you wait supplied the paperwork presented are proper and complete.
- Can there be an expiry date on the CNI?We try not to put an expiry date in the CNI, nevertheless the regional Civil Registry workplace don’t ordinarily accept CNIs that have been given a lot more than a few months prior.
- Will my wedding be recognised in Australia?Yes, since 1 January 1995 any lawfully done wedding in a international nation, which may happen appropriate had it been done in Australia, is accepted as a appropriate marriage under Australian Law.
- Do i have to register the wedding with all the no that is embassy/Consulate-General
- Do i have to register the wedding in Australia?No, you simply cannot register a marriage that is overseas Australia.
- Could I marry before my breakup decree absolute is granted?No
Whilst every care happens to be drawn in planning this information, neither the Australian federal government nor its agents or workers, including any person in the Embassy’s consular staff, can accept obligation for almost any damage, loss or harm arising according of this information included herein.